What is anthias?Anthias is (or rather will be) an extended terminal with support for features like
- Command-line completion
- Syntax highlighting of command line
- Directory browsing
(in the same spirit of Norton Commander, Krusader, etc)
Key design goals include
- Support for all existing programs that use the ANSI terminal. Only the shell will need to be modified (if it wants to use Anthias features).
- Keyboard navigability
Most operations should be accessible with simple keystrokes.
- Support for SSH sessions
- Support for multiple shells
- NO KIO support. Support for only the vanilla filesystem.
PlansA few mockup versions will be developed initially as a proof-of-concept. The latest version is 4. Upcoming versions will focus on,
- version 5 : Syntax higlighting.
- version 6 : Basic job handling features.
- version 7 : SSH sessions.
Real development will commence after that.
Release notifications can be seen on the freshmeat page.